Friday, November 17, 2006

HHSAA State Championship XC Photos Now Available!

Concerning photography for the State Champs in XC, this is what I know.

1. I was told I couldn't cover the meet as there was an exclusive contract with another photographer.
2. I thought that photographer was Rebelshots, but the evidence points to the fact that they have closed down.
3. One of Rebelshots' ex-employees covered the volleyball matches.
4. I don't know why, but no one covered the State Champs in XC.

When I found out that no one covered the XC meet, I contacted the HHSAA and let them know that although I didn't cover the States like I usually do, since I was only taking photos for my personal use, my school and my websites, I do have some photos. I concentrated on Iolani (both boys and girls), the leaders (I'm guessing maybe the top 20, maybe more), and the awards ceremony. I have been given permission to put up my photos in galleries and offer them for sale.
I am treating these photos like any other. They are the same prices and I will offer the same lower prices for the first 2 weeks, starting today.

I will also offer collages and posters. Posters could be really good for my OIA or outer-island friends since I may only have one good photo of your athlete.

To see some sample posters, please visit http://coach-al.smugmug.com/gallery/1920821
To see sample collages, please visit http://coach-al.smugmug.com/gallery/1335567
To visit the photo galleries, please visit http://coach-al.smugmug.com/ILH%20Cross-Country%202006
Thank you for your support.
Coach Al

No comments: