Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Iolani Intermediate Black Softball

Last Thursday, the Intermediate Black Softball team beat the Punahou Gold team, 32-0. Yes, 32-0, that's not a typo. Punahou divides their intermediate softball teams by ability. I understand the thinking, I guess, but these blowouts are not very good for either team.

Anyway, yesterday at Punahou School, the Black team faced the Punahou Blue team, the stronger Punahou team. I expected a much better game and it was, with the Iolani team winning 9-6. Iolani Black now has one tie and one loss. Mid-Pacific has one tie and has been the class of the league this year. I hear they have some superb pitching.

On Tuesday, 1/16, the Blacks will take on MPI for the championship at Ala Wai field. Should be an excellent game.


Which brings me to Kimberly Souza. Kimberly is the catcher on the Black team. She has a real cannon for an arm and is having an astoundingly good season with the bat. I don't know what her stats are, but in the games I've seen, she has come through in the clutch so many times that I really hope there is someone on base when she's up. And, there has been. I wonder if anyone keeps records for RBI's at the intermediate level. Kimberly's got to be in the running!

No comments: