Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Update!

Last Wednesday, I caught the varsity boys basketball team at the Merv Lopes Basketball tournament at King Armory. The Raiders played El Toro who went out to a big lead, but the Raiders never gave up and took the lead going into the last few minutes. Unfortunately, the last few minutes didn't go our way which resulted in a 55-52 loss. King Armory has a nice basketball court but the lights, ugh... definitely not designed with non-flash photography in mind.

On Thursday, it was over to Kapiolani Park to see our Intermediate Red Boys Soccer team face Punahou Gold. This was a good game between 2 evenly matched teams. One defensive breakdown cost us the game as Punahou took it, 1-0.

On Friday and Saturday, it was time for boys wrestling at the Iolani Invitational Wrestling Tournament. There were 20 teams involved, some from the mainland, some from the ILH, and a bunch from the OIA. Ponderosa beat Rim of the World in the finals. Punahou beat Iolani for 3rd place. Our Raiders showed, though, that they could compete with the mainland teams, losing to Rim of the World in a very close match. I took 3000 photos of this tournament! Please take a look.

Since it's the new year, I thought it would be a good idea to talk about some business issues since I'm adding new clients all the time.

1. When I put up a new gallery, I set the prices lower for the first 2 weeks.
2. In addition to offering all size photos, I also offer digital downloads, collages, premium collages, team collages, posters, magazine covers and photo cards. If you are interested or have any questions about these products, just email me.
3. If you know you are going to want a collage (individual or team), please let me know as early as possible so I can be sure to collect the photos that I need before the season ends.
4. My schedule: this subject probably evokes the most questions of anything. Right now I am trying to get to every Iolani winter season team at least once. After that first time, I try to gauge the interest shown by the team. I can do this by visits to the gallery, actual sales, emails and product orders. If the interest is high, that team will get extra consideration when I need to choose between multiple events.
5. If you are interested in having me cover your child, let me know before it happens so I can look for him/her. If I have no previous instructions, I just try to cover the action plus get one or two photos of everyone. Having previous instructions definitely makes a difference. Although I mostly cover athletic events, I also have covered other Iolani events (also some not having anything to do with Iolani), especially in performing arts, but I am open to anything where photography is possible.

No comments: