Saturday, December 09, 2006

Another fun week!


It was another mostly softball week for this photographer with one tennis match on Thursday.

On Tuesday, the Iolani Intermediate Red Softball team took on a big, tough St. Francis team. I have a great sequence of "contact softball" on my Iolani Events website if you want to take a look. St. Francis was too much for the younger of the two Intermediate teams on this day as they won with a 5-1 score.

On Wednesday, I had a chance to see the Varsity Softball team play again and jumped at the opportunity. This time it was against a very sharp Pac-5 team who I believe was also undefeated going into the game. Both teams were on their game defensively, as superb play after play kept the game scoreless all the way until the 5th. The Lady Raiders then caught fire and were able to win 4-1, but this was really a hard-fought, nail-biter type win.

Thursday, it was off to Mid-Pacific to see the Girls Intermediate Tennis team see if they could keep their win streak going. This match wasn't going to be easy as 3 starters had other school commitments that kept them from the match. Coach Allison did some major juggling which, in the end, worked out well. But this victory was far from easy. The final score was 3-1 with the 3rd doubles match having to be called due to darkness.

Friday it was time to pay another visit to our friends up the road, Punahou, for a JV Softball game. Last Saturday I saw our varsity pull out a 3-1 victory over the Puns. I certainly wanted to see a repeat but I knew it wouldn't be easy. As it turned out, the Lady Raiders, playing in the cold, dark and blustery conditions, matched the varsity with their own 3-1 victory. The field had both sun and shade almost throughout the whole game which made it tough for photography. But, the girls provided plenty of good material for some spectacular shots with many good slides, steals, and good defensive plays.

Saturday I was planning on going to the Intermediate Basketball Tournament at Punahou, but I decided that since it was still preseason, and I had so much other work to catch up on, I would have to miss it.

I'll be back with a tentative schedule for next week later.

No comments: