Friday, December 01, 2006

Report from Footlocker!

Lea Lundblad will be competing at Footlocker. She will be sending me a journal of her experiences. Here is the first installment:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

We are sitting here at the airport waiting for our flight. This is my third flight I have taken this cross country season. It’s been a long season. I started training in July and here it is almost December. American Airlines arranged for me to have three seats to myself so I can sleep. I say FLY AMERICAN AIRLINES!!!! They are really nice. Going on these trips takes a lot of planning. My dad got me a new Asics uniform but the shop on Maui could not get Seabury printed on the front in time so my dad sent it to CBS studios in Hollywood. My dad’s brother (Uncle Roger) is in charge of set designs for the studio and they are having it printed and then dropped off
at our hotel. I thought that was cool. We are here. We knew we were in LA because two cars almost got in a wreck right in front of us.

It’s Friday the 1st of December. We just walked the course and picked up my race number. Wow, Mt Sac. is really cool. There are even TV stations setting up to film the race. We met Doug Todd who is the race director. He asked me to come back next year. Well we are going back to the hotel to rest and get ready for the big day. More later. Lea

No comments: