Monday, November 06, 2006

State Championship XC - Boys

On the boys side, I don't see a clear favorite. I expect the battle for first place to be between Kamehameha and Leilehua. Leilehua has the advantage in the first few runners, but Kamehameha has a deeper team. I expect it to be close.

I'm putting Iolani at third, Punahou fourth, Baldwin fifth and Seabury Hall sixth.

I hardly saw any data from the Big Island and Kauai, so it's possible I'm missing someone.

To recap:

1. Leilehua or Kamehameha
3. Iolani
4. Punahou
5. Baldwin
6. Seabury Hall

As to who will win the individual title, it's awfully hard to go against Bryce Jenkins and I'm not going to. Kon Weber, Manu Adolph and Kalani Rosell will challenge him, though, so I don't expect him to be running alone, at least not with the kind of lead he had at the OIA Championships.

The boys race, this year, will be much more interesting than the girls, where the battle will be for second place.

I can't wait. See you there!

No comments: