Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Glimpse of the Future!

Why do I go to so many intermediate level athletic events? I get asked that question quite a bit.

My answer, I like to! Before I got into this business I was like every other sports fan, well maybe not exactly! But, over the last year I've gotten to see many sporting events covering the intermediate, JV and varsity levels in the same sport.

You may wonder why certain programs always have strong varsity teams? Look to the intermediate and JV programs. If those programs are doing a good job there will be a steady stream of good players to replace the graduating seniors in the varsity program.

Yesterday was a great opportunity to see the future of the boys volleyball program. Intermediate Black vs Intermediate Red. This was pretty much the 8th grade vs the 7th grade. Ability-wise it really wasn't much of a contest but the investment in these younger kids will keep the program healthy and strong. The Red team was quite a bit smaller and not as skilled as the older Black team, but they had heart and a great attitude. Next year they'll get to beat up on those little 7th graders! And the beat goes on...

For more photos, please visit my smugmug galleries.

No comments: