Monday, October 02, 2006

This just in on Nike 5k!

Hi all, just got this email from an interested running fan. Thought I'd share:

"I know you are a fan of running and especially youth running. We have some outstanding young runners in Hawaii right now. This morning I ran in the Nike 5k for kids run. There were some very impressive performances by our youth. I don't know if anyone keeps state records by ages but I'm sure these must be records or close to it for Hawaii. Fastest was Scott Motobu 15 years old who ran a 17:47. Next was Borys Pleskacz 13 who ran a 18:27. Next was Zachery Carvalho who ran a 19:14 at age 11. Then Kimberly Pugliese 13 who ran a 19:51. Actually the chip times were a couple seconds faster on average than the times listed above. Pretty amazing performances, wouldn't you say? The future for running in Hawaii appears very bright. Thanks for letting me share and for covering the events so well."

No comments: