Monday, October 16, 2006

Oahu goes dark!

Yesterday's earthquake and resulting power outage gave this reporter a chance to do something different on a Sunday. Played cards with my kids. It was fun but I'm way behind now. I'm sorry and hope to get caught up today (Monday).

I covered the Iolani Intermediate Boys water polo playoff game against Kamehameha on Saturday at the Punahou pool. I left with less than 2 minutes to go and we were leading 5-3. Anyone know the final score? The light was great so the pictures are too. You can see them here.

I then walked the 100 yards over to the start of the Punahou Invitational Cross-Country Meet. The vog and humidity were oppressive. I was dripping just from walking around and wondering how the kids would manage on the tough Punahou course. Amazingly, there were some record setting performances. More on this when I get a chance, I hope.

I'm way behind on uploading photos for the cross-country meet. It's now 6am Monday and I just started the girls intermediate race. I will upload in the order they ran. Hopefully, all galleries will be complete by Monday afternoon sometime.

No comments: