Saturday, October 07, 2006

So much for my dream...

Well, the boys varsity volleyball team ALMOST did it, losing in 3 close games. The varsity football team, a resounding thumping. I had to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter, but at that point it was 39-10, Punahou. We stayed with the bigger Punahou team until about the middle of the 2nd quarter. We actually had the lead, 10-7, at 9:20 of the 2nd quarter.


But, Punahou had a size advantage that was too much to overcome. Especially their offense vs. our defense. I knew that eventually would take it's toll and with our defense on the field most of the game, it did.

Photographically, I refused to give up. I dutifully stayed down by Punahou's endzone so I could get shots of the Iolani players facing me. In practice, this meant that most of my pictures are of our defense from a pretty big distance. Not optimum, but my very long lens allows me to get these shots. I did get quite a few interesting angles on the Punahou offense that the Punahou fans might enjoy.

One thing I did want to mention is the Punahou Band. I really enjoyed their half-time show. The band was huge, 200 kids I'm guessing, a large flag-waving contingent. Pretty impressive!

I'll try to expand on this posting when I have time. For now, it's off to the cross-country meet at Kamehameha Schools.

To go directly to my game gallery, please click here.

No comments: