Thursday, September 14, 2006

Iolani Girls JV Black Volleyball vs Kamehameha White


Wednesday's volleyball game was in the upper gym. Pretty hot up there, bad. Light is better than the lower gym, good. The doors in the corners are opened to increase ventilation - good, but creates another challenge for good photos.


You don't want a real bright area behind the players so what I try to do is move around to create an angle that excludes the bright spots. Of course, in volleyball you never know where the ball is going to go so you try to get to know the team and their tendencies. Then, you GUESS! Sometimes you guess right, sometimes not. I was probably about 50/50 yesterday. Now if I guessed right all the time then the opposing team should be able to also, so it's a good thing, I suppose, that I was at 50/50.

It was a good contest, going 3 games. Kamehameha White won the 1st and the 3rd. The 1st was won pretty handily, the second went to Iolani in a complete turnaround of momentum. I had to leave before the 3rd game started (family obligations), but it sounded like the closest game of the day with Kamehameha winning 25-20.

Today I will do my first boys volleyball game of the season as the JV Black team plays Maryknoll.

If you'd like to visit the gallery of all the pictures from yesterday's game, please visit Smugmug.

No comments: