Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Iolani Girls Varsity Volleyball vs Maryknoll


Tuesday was a day to get back to volleyball. I was looking forward to this so I could try out my new lens. It's a 135mm F2.0 manual focus lens. Greek to you? Sorry. The reason I got this lens was to be able to handle the smashes and blocks from the end of the court. The F2.0 means it is a "fast" lens, good for low light, action situations. Since I need to focus behind the net, autofocus is not a good solution since it can be fooled by the net.

Enough of that photography talk, on to the game! Our Iolani girls looked to be in complete control of this match. Every facet of the game, serving, digging, setting, blocking and smashing (did I miss anything?) was clicking. The final score was 25-9, 25-19.



I'm not an expert on high school volleyball, although after spending so much time at the Ann Kang Tournament I'm definitely more comfortable with it. I've seen the Punahou team. They are good. We beat them at the Ann Kang, but I heard Punahou was dealing with some illness situations at the time. I've also read about the Kamehameha team and they sound like a powerhouse. The games against those two teams will be much anticipated by this sports nut!

Today it's volleyball again. This time I will cover the Girls JV Black team vs Kamehameha White at Iolani School.

To see the complete gallery of photos from yesterday's game, please visit my Smugmug gallery.

See you there!

No comments: