Monday, September 25, 2006

Iolani Intermediate Football vs Damien

I'm sorry I couldn't get to my blog before now, and actually, this has to be short. I've got a good excuse as I'm swamped with work from the Iolani XC Invitational at Kualoa run this past Saturday. I will get to that when I can, but I wanted to at least mention the great football game I witnessed on Friday afternoon at Iolani field.

Damien, like Iolani, has no JV team. This means that both intermediate teams have a lot of 9th graders. This game was supposed to be tough, and it was.

Iolani built up a big lead until about the middle of the 3rd quarter. Then the momentum started to switch to Damien in a big way. At the end we were holding on. It was 29-26 and Damien had the ball on about the 10 yard line with about 30 seconds to go. The Iolani defense came up with a couple of good plays and that's how it ended.

Iolani saw big games from Jarrett Arakawa at quarterback (he also was in on defense at the end), Sheldon Lee, and Sean Nada. My game ball goes to Andrew Skalman who did everything, catches, runs, a fumble recovery and some big tackles. There were probably more stars but I'm so tired I can't remember anymore.

I'll write about the XC Invitational when I get a chance. Right now I'm off to a girls intermediate soccer game!

Bye, for now.

No comments: